SAP TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT (TM) COURSE DETAILS
OVERVIEW OF TRANSPORT MANAGEMENT
Transportation management from a management perspective
- Understanding Transportation Management
- Shipper, Freight Forwarder And LSP
- LTL/FTL/LCL/FCL Scenario’s in logistics industry
- Transportation Management System VS SAP TMS
SAP TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT ARCHITECTURE
An overview of the technical architecture of SAP TM and how integration is done.
- Standard SAP TM
- Integrated SAP TM(SAP TM – SAP ERP)
- Transportation Management E2E Cycle
SAP TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT MASTER DATA
Transportation specific master data. Master data of SAP ERP and SAP TM.
CIF integration used for master data transmission between SAP ERP and SAP TM.
- Organization Master Data
- General Master Data
- Transportation Network Master Data
- Resources Master Data
- Charges Master Data
- Dangerous Goods Management
SAP TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT REQUIREMENT/ ORDER MANAGEMENT
Shipper scenarios and forwarded/carrier scenarios to explain the capabilities of the customer order objects.
- Order Based Transportation Request
- Delivery Based Transportation Request
- Forwarding Order Scenario
TRANSPORTATION CHARGES AND SETTLEMENT(STANDALONE TM AND INTEGRATED TM PERSPECTIVE)
The setup of agreements (contracts) and the definition of calculation sheets, rate tables, and scales.
- Charge calculation/Settlement
- Service Entry Sheet/PO Settlements
VARIOUS SCENARIO’S IN SAP TM
Insight into the details of various outbound processes.
- Road Scenario
- Rail Scenario
- Air Scenario
- Ocean Scenario
OVERVIEW ON INTEGRATED WITH OF SAP GTS, SAP BW, SAP EM, AND SAP EHS
Important factors to be considered in a supply chain environment.
TRANSPORTATION CAPACITY MANAGER
Management of height capacities and schedules is an important aspect of being able to move cargo.
- Carrier Schedules
- Port Schedules
- Departure/Destination Rules
SAP TRANSPORTATION PLANNING. (FREIGHT UNIT AND FREIGHT ORDER MANAGEMENT IN STANDALONE SAP TM)
Transportation planning deals with activities involved in the assignment of cargo items to vehicles or reserved capabilities on trucks, trains, planes, or vessels.
Freight Units Management:
- Properties of Freight Unit
- Freight unit building rule.
Freight order Management
- Freight Order Creation
- Freight Order Stages
- Freight Order Control
- Planning Strategies
- Planning Profiles
- Transportation Cockpit
Relevant carrier Determination and Trending process significance.
- Carrier Determination
- Means and Modes of Transport
TRANSPORTATION PLANNING WITH INTEGRATION SAP TM (SAP TM – SAP ERP)
- SAP Sales Order Management Overview
- SAP Purchase Order Management Overview
- Logistics Planning from Make to Stock and Make to Order Perspective.
TRANSPORTATION EXECUTION/CONTROL/MONITOR. (STANDALONE TM AND INTEGRATED TM PERSPECTIVE)
Execution and monitoring deal with handling freight and providing visibility of shipments.
- Transportation Execution
- Transportation Control
- Transportation Monitoring
SAP Certified Application Associate – SAP Transportation Management 9.5